Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Our Ways of Leading, A Talk by Philippine Coach Chot Reyes

Yesterday was truly an inspiring day for me, first of all I feel healthy na, wala na kong asthma and second I attended one of the most inspiring talks I've ever attended. The talk started with an opening speech from our Country Manager Rajendra Pangrekar then followed by an introduction of the guest speaker Coach Chot Reyes. I knew Coach Chot from the basketball camp that my youngest brother JO attended, he made me join the free throw game which was featured on the Basketball show back then, unfortunately for me, I didn't wear basketball attire on that day instead I was wearing brown shoes, slacks and polo which was very uncomfortable for me to play in but still I played the game and finished third despite slipping several times when running to get the ball after shooting live on tv. Well, going back to talk, he started with a saying about "showing up", showing up simply means giving yourself 50% chance to succeed. Then he continued by telling stories about his success and failures when he started coaching at a young age of 29. There were also clips from his players about his coaching and leadersjip style, overall I was very impressed with his talk considering he is a coach and all he knows is basketball, but was I wrong, he knew alot about leadership not only in sports but in office settings and in life.
Now, I feel honored and privileged to be able to learn from one of the best coach in the Philippines. With that talk, I feel like I can become a good leader through being a great manager, director, vice president and president in the future for Ericsson and I will become a great basketball coach when I retire from work.

2 Comments:

Blogger balikbayanbok said...

"showing up simply means giving yourself 50% chance to succeed"

tama. kulang lang minsan talaga yung initiative mula sa sarili.

11:42 AM  
Blogger jp8 said...

oo nga pre, kaya kailangan inspired yung tao, gusto nya ginagawa nya at willing gawin yun dapat nyang gawin.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home